Mark's Carnivore Experiment
25th September, 2019
Day 7 and Week 1 Review
On Day 6 I reduced my intake of calories because I simply wasn't hungry and was still recovering from the overload, the day before. Bowel movements started again after 5 days!! Woo-hoo, so happy about that. Was considering a doctor's visit, no need now.
- Weight: 84.5 kg (186 pounds)
- Waist: 99 cm (39 in.)
- Body fat: 22%
- Blood sugar level: 7.1 mmol/L
- Ketones: 8.0 mmol/L (Large)
- Feeling: Slight headache when I woke up. Thirsty a lot.
I was hungry when I woke up so had
- 3 large eggs (scrambled in butter)
- 3 rashers of thick smoked streaky bacon
- 100g of pork crackling
I was pretty hungry by dinner so went for a rack of lamb, with lambs liver. To be honest I didn't enjoy it, half way through eating the liver I started retching. Was pretty grumpy after.
- 314g Lamb, basted in garlic butter and roasted
- 60g Lamb liver
I was well grumpy after the meal, lamb wasn't very tasty and a bit chewy. Well cooked though, slightly pink. I think I'm just not a very good cook, must learn how! Feeling unsatisfied.
Kettlebells have been ordered and will be starting the new training program in the next few days. We do before and after pics.