Mark's Carnivore Experiment
20th September, 2019
See Day 1 for why I'm doing this.
I lost nearly 1kg (2 pounds) in 24 hours. I'm quite shocked at that. Started having diarrhoea this morning, not nice. Hunger levels are down, and I'm not really looking forward to eating two steaks again.
- Weight: 85.4 kg (188 pounds)
- Body fat %: Not measured
- Blood sugar level: Not measured
- Ketones: Not measured
- Feeling: Pretty good, no noticeable change in mood.
- 3 rashers of back bacon
- 4 large free range eggs (scrambled with butter)
- Small portion of smoked salmon
Not hungry. Skipped it.
I was pretty hungry at around 17:00 and was actually looking forward to some very high quality rib eye. Weird, because in the morning I didn't really like the idea. I remembered to take it out of the fridge in the morning so it was at the right temperature at dinner time to cook.
- 565g of Rib eye steak (1¼ pounds) pan fried in butter with lots of pepper and a little salt, cooked medium
- 3 rashers of streaky bacon
This steak was unbelievably good. I can honestly say one of the best steaks I've ever had. So tasty and delicious. I didn't find it hard to eat either and happily ate all of it, which was different with the skirt.
A real treat. Bloody expensive, but oh so good.
I've now received some kits to test my blood sugar, ketones and body fat %, so will add those to my stats tomorrow.